Monday, May 08, 2006

Moloka'i To O'ahu Team Relay Canoe Paddling

The photo was taken by Joaquin Siopack of the Honolulu Advertiser. I wish I could have been here but final exams take precedence so here is Lauren Spalding Bartlett, a member of our canoe kayak team as well as a U.S.A. Olympic Kayak team member. She was in the 2004 Athenes Olympics and here she is coming into the finish line in first place in the Moloka'i to O'ahu (42+ miles) one person canoe race (team format). She partnered with Dane Ward to break the race record in 5 hours 23 minutes 24 seconds. Congrats to Lauren and Dane!

2 Comments:

Blogger Kris said...

wow! how exciting!
oh ,the design of the canoe is interesting! the one that I'v tried I was able to fit it my legs! Thannks, Nicholas ! :)

Tuesday, May 09, 2006 2:34:00 AM  
Blogger SHEN Yi Elsie said...

wow, that is so cool. i love all water sports!

Thursday, June 15, 2006 4:17:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home